Monday, June 13, 2011

F%@K!!

Last week I went to see Dr. Klimo because of a rash I've had under my arm for about a month. In the past week it had become much worse and didn't look like just a "rash" anymore. Dr. Klimo said it looked like cancer and sent me off for a biopsy. I asked him to book me into the private PET scan clinic; I didn't want to be waiting any longer for the BCCA.

I had the biopsy done the next day at Lion's Gate Hospital. The surgeon who did the biopsy also said it looked like cancer.

I came home, phoned the PET clinic and they said they could get me in the next day, which was Friday. I came home Friday after the scan with the disk and looked at it on my computer.

It was really, really bad; much worse than my original scan back in December.

I saw Dr. Klimo this morning. He said the scan was "shitty". The written report confirmed that it was much worse than in December and the skin biopsy confirmed that the cancer had spread to my skin and it too, was triple negative. We are going to start on the Parp Inhibitors that just came available here. They are given through IV with both Gemcitibine and Cisplatin - the chemo drugs I just came off. I will start sometime in the next month.  I will stop the Avastin and Xeoloda pills but continue with the Zometa infusions.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie - this is crap news. But I have faith that you are going to kick this in the a@@ too. Twist - but you can do this. Go PARPs GO!

    ReplyDelete