Friday, October 14, 2011

Just a quick update... no PET scan results yet - LONG story. I have a report but it's the wrong report because it was compared to the wrong scan. Anyway, the results aren't  looking great but I don't know when I'll get the specifics - another long, frustrating story. Regardless,  Dr. Smiljanic wants to take me off the Parps because I'm having too many delays for it to work properly :( I agreed and we started on the old chemo from back in December that seemed to work so well. I started my Day 1 today, will skip my Day 8 because it would be right before Disneyland and hopefully I can get a transfusion on that day so that I will have some more energy. When we get back I will start Day 1 right away on Wed and have Day 8 on Wed as well, and then go back to Fridays. (We still haven't told the kids about DL)

I'm considering making this website a members only which would mean if you want to read you would have to sign up and then sign in or something like that - it's not that big of a deal I don't think... I just don't like the idea of this popping up when our last name is googled because Treydon is becoming a very good reader and could understand a lot of what I'm writing and also, I wouldn't want his friends having access to this information. I am assuming that any parents who are reading my blog would be very careful not to share the information with their children or talk about it when their kids are around as we are very careful with the information we share with our kids. I would be very upset if Treydon had to hear stuff about me from his friends who may have overheard their parents etc...

Oh and also, Treydon seems to be doing much better on his antibiotics and is running around being his usual self! (after missing 7 days of school!)

No comments:

Post a Comment