Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Back from Germany...

I saw Dr. Klimo today today. He said that because of the way my first surgery had to be done there is no way that they could do another one in that same area. He believes that if the surgeon in Germany had examined me he would say the same; it would be very dangerous to do it.

So Klimo wants to start chemo asap; hopefully they can get me started sometime between xmas and new years. We are still waiting on some chemo-sensitivity testing and if any of those come back looking promising then he will use them. If not, then he is going to use a combo of drugs that he has used with success in another patient who has had the same issues as me. I spoke to the radiologist today and now that he has seen my PET scan results, agrees that I need chemo before any radiation; exact words were "we didn't realize how bad it was when we were recommending radiation first" - just what you want to hear!

Anyway, the new plan is to start the chemo, and hopefully get a hold on the spreading and then take a break for some radiation and then continue with the same or different chemo. I'm going to do every complimentary treatment there is; vitamin infusions, hyperthermia, mistletoe and all the other vitamins and herbal remedies. I will also continue to send my blood to Germany to have it tested for circulating tumor cells so that we can better monitor if the treatments are working.

No comments:

Post a Comment