Friday, December 3, 2010

Dec 3 thoughts...

We are going to Germany.

We will wait until after we talk to Dr. Klimo this Tuesday; find out if I can start the new chemo here right away - like within a week or two at latest - then I will get started on it and then go to Germany. If it's going to take a few weeks as he orginally suggested then we will leave for Germany soon; either way I want to go there for the testing and the third opinion. Kelly said to have at least $10,000. in pocket for the intial testing and week stay.

My friend Kathy has had several people offering to transfer their airmiles; that would be great. We may have to make several trips back and forth especially if the treatment they decide on in Germany is not available here.  Kathy has looked into it and they normally charge 15% to transfer airmiles but if you do it within a week (before Dec 14) and tell them, they will waive the charge. So if that's something you'd like to do, check out the link on the right.

2 comments:

  1. HI Jackie
    My son goes to school with Naomi and Chantal's kids. I heard what you are going through and i wanted to try and help even if its just something small. I have donate 6000 airmiles to your account. If there is anything that i can do to help please let me know. I have a very dear friend that has stage 3 level 3 that has been was given 6 months to live 6 1/2 years ago. She has good days and bad but for the most part she does pretty good she takes some health food supplements that her brother sends her and it seems to be helping quite a bit. The doctor told her to keep doing what she is doing because its helping her. I will find out what she is taknig and let you know.

    I wish you all the success in the world and hope that you get the help you need. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    All the best

    Jen Temple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy let me know about your blog. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I empathize with you as a mother of two young boys whose husband's Leukemia returned this summer after a few months of remission. He's just trying to recovery from his stem cell transplant.

    There's nothing else to say but Cancer really sucks. Really sucks.

    Here's wishing you answers, strength, love, and a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete