Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank you Kelly.

Throughout my blog, I make reference to Kelly; up until now I have left out her last name because I hadn't asked her if it was ok to use her name or story and hadn't even told her I had a blog. As I was reading the "stats" on my blog and realized that over 3000 people had read it after only two weeks, it occurred to me that that I should probably mention it to Kelly and ask if was ok to use her name. She recently emailed me to let me know that it was fine to use her name and story as she wants to get out the word that they will be starting a clinical trial here in Vancouver using Prof. Pachmann's technology.


Therefore, I've decided to post the link to her website that she just recently got up and running. If you decide to check out, her story is posted on the home page. http://kellysclinic.ca/


Less than two months ago (just after my surgery) my friend Diana told me that she was talking to her friend Laura at work. Diana had been telling Laura of my breast cancer and how it seemed so aggressive and was not responding to the chemo it was suppose to. Laura suggested that we get in touch with her friend "Kelly" because she seemed to have a very similar story. To make a long story shorter, I ended up emailing Kelly, telling her about myself, explaining the connection and asking if she would be generous enough to send me her story; I'm not sure why I did that because it's not really "like" me to be so intrusive and desperate sounding but for some reason I really felt like I need to hear from this woman I had never met before.


Shortly after, Kelly sent me her story. Wow... I could not believe what I was reading. This was my story! I had goosebumps. I could have written that story; up until the point where she meets a woman who, she believes, was by "divine intervention" and heads off to Germany. I was shocked. I sent it to all my good friends and family who were following my story closely and they all felt the same.


(Please read her whole story so you know what I'm talking about.)

At the time I was reading it, I had just had surgery and was feeling exactly the same as Kelly but as I continued to read, this is the part where our stories started to differ:

"Now what? It was clear to me that surgery, radiation and tomoxifen were not enough;
I knew that I needed more systemic treatment. I felt lost, frustrated and scared. It was
at that time I believe that divine intervention connected me to a woman who had very
significant and tricky cancer. By the time the agency diagnosed her breast cancer it
had spread to her bones, lung and liver. She had been all over the US looking for other
treatment opinions and ended up at a cancer clinic in Germany with great success.

She taught me that I needed to understand my own cancer, take control of my cancer
treatment and find a treatment that would work specifically on my body. This was my
first introduction to integrated cancer treatment, individualized and targeted to my body.
I learned that no doctor has a crystal ball. They do not know if a person will react to one
treatment or another so throw out the statistics. Assume you are going to live and get on
with it and that is exactly what I did."

(copied from Kelly's website http://kellysclinic.ca/ )


After reading her story, not more than a couple months ago, my life has become, with the help of so many different things "pointing" me in this direction, including Kelly, a whirlwind of "taking control of my cancer".


Since that November 4th day when I sent the first email, our stories seem to be getting even more similar. I don't know yet if we will share a similar Germany experience, but I do know one thing and that's for sure...


I too, have had a divine intervention; and her name is Kelly Findlay.


Thank you Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment